1. A healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables, healthy fats and lots of water will help your complexion. A bad food diet does not directly cause an acne breakout. If your skin is susceptible to acne, not eating properly will definitely not help your acne. Therefore not eating properly can have an “indirect” effect on your skin. Eating foods high in sugar and fat can all be damaging to your skins health. Saturated fats are the bad guys. The negative effects of saturated fats on the body are weakening of your immune system, and for those prone to zits, raising the skin’s oil production, therefore the zits don’t go away.
2. Vitamins play a key role in the reduction of acne breakouts. Vitamin A, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C, and zinc are important nutrients for promoting a good complexion. An easy way to be sure you are getting these vitamins and minerals is to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. You can also choose to take Vitamin supplements to assure that you are getting proper nutrients.
3. Water is very important for clear skin and overall body health. Water plays a key role in carrying waste out of your body. Everyone should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, that way the waste flushes out through your liver and kidneys and not through your skin and pores. Therefore your pores don’t get clogged with the waste from your body, and that helps the zits to go away.
4. Exercise can help two ways with acne. First sweat-inducing exercise can help to clear away toxins from the skin, as well as helping to improve circulation. Good circulation is very important to healthy skin. As you sweat you are pushing toxins out through your pores keeping them clear. Sweating cleans the pores of dirt, dead skin, and excessive sebum. Your pores will cleanse themselves naturally while exercising. Second exercise is a great stress reducer and stress contributes to acne
5. Washing your face twice a day with mild soap or acne solution such as Proactive, or Clearasil followed by an astringent, should help to clear up zits. Tea tree oil has similar effects of benzoyl peroxide and has been used for many years to help fight zits. Lemon juice is a good exfoliant it helps to balance the skin and is also an effective cleansing tool. Add some diluted lemon juice to a cotton ball and apply to the skin. The results are almost immediate. You can also try and oatmeal mask, it is a simple and very effective way to clear up zits and blackheads. All you need to do is cook some up add a little honey, let it set till it becomes a paste. Before bed, apply the paste to your skin and wash it off with some warm water. Your skin will start to clear up in just a few days. It is very important to let your pores breath. Always make sure to remove your make-up before going to bed. Never scrub your face too hard with a washcloth as this can make the zits worse by irritating the skin and pores.
6. If you wear make-up or sunscreen, make sure that these products are labeled “noncomedogenic” or “oil-free”. Hypoallergenic cosmetics, perfumes and lotions can help to avoid allergic reactions and skin irritations. Use lip-gloss with a matte finish. Shimmering facial colors have mica in them, which is a flaky mineral that can clog pores and irritate skin. The more shine the more comedogenic content, which in turn means more clogged pores.
7. If you need to cover up a zit always use a cosmetic concealer. Never use liquid make-up, as this can irritate the zit and make it worse. Buy a cosmetic concealer that matches your skin tone so you can blend it easily with your skin.