If you suffer from acne, or have a lot of zits the first thing you want to do is find a treatment option that will help clear it up and rid your skin of the problem. However, while you work to clear your skin up, most teens want a way to hide their acne or zits in the meantime as it is unsightly, and in many cases ugly or embarrassing. The following are some tips for hiding acne or zits:
- Start by washing your face well. If you are going to hide your acne, you need your face to be clean to start. Make sure you use an oil free cleanser.
- Use a moisturizer, but find one that is oil free. You do not want your face to be too dry, or your make-up that you use to hide acne will not work very well.
- Choose a concealer. If you are not sure how you can go to your local mall, and visit the make-up counter of a high end make-up brand. The person working the counter should be able to test out various tones on you to help you match a concealer to your natural skin tone as best as possible.
- Apply your concealer by dabbing a small amount to the blemish and red areas surrounding it. You want to use a make-up sponge or finger, and dab gently. You want to blend it as best you can without rubbing it off the blemish.
- Now you want to put on a light weight foundation. A spray foundation might be your best option. Spray it onto a make-up sponge and dab it on blending it outward to the outside of your face. Be sure to get even coverage, and that you choose a foundation that once again matches your natural skin tones. Again if you do not know how to choose it, visit the make-up counter and get some help.
- The last thing you are going to do is set your foundation so that it does not rub off part way through the day and show your acne. The best way to do this is use a large makeup brush, and apply a layer of oil-free translucent powder. Again, these come in various tones, so choose the one closest to your natural skin tone.
There are a few other tricks for reducing redness, etc. One is to put shaving cream on the area overnight, then wash it off well. Preparation H works well for reducing redness if you only have a few minutes to spare. The idea is however to not put anything on your skin that will make your acne worse. So always choose oil-free products, and be sure to clean your face well at night so that your make-up does not clog your pores.