If you want to hone up your flirtation skills, try these suggestions:
1. Be funny. A little sass, and some comedy go a long way when you are flirting. You have to act innocently unaware, and part of being a good flirt is making your flirting humorous. Big smiles, lots of laughs, and a little bit of teasing are all part of being skilled at the art of flirtation. You will want people to flock to you because you are you, so do not try too hard, just let things come, but have some snappy comebacks, or some funny lines to bring some attention to yourself.
2. Touch but don’t cling. If you want to be a good flirt, you will want to make sure that you have physical contact with the person you are flirting with, touch their arm, their hand, or their back when talking to them, but do not cling on them. The girls who are clingy and needy do not come across as a good flirt, they come across as desperate. So, touch is good, too much is desperate. For example, when you meet and shake hands, use your other hand to touch their upper arm. This is just enough extra contact, it shows interest, grabs theirs, but does not look bad.
3. Be independent. You do not want to need someone else to carry a conversation, or make you feel good about yourself. To be skilled at the art of flirtation, you have to exude confidence and independence. You do not need the attention, and that is why you are going to get it. People notice those who act as if they do not need to be noticed. So, have some swagger in your step, and do not need anyone.
4. Lean in when you talk. One skill you learn as you get better at flirting is the lean in. If you want to give an air of mystery and seduction, move in close when you talk, this makes every conversation, even the conversation about the great pizza into intimate conversations. So, move in close, do not press your body against his, but get close enough that he starts to wonder what it would be like if you were pressing your body against his. Have a centimeter or two between you. You will want to make sure that if you do this that your breath is good. So, carry some breath freshener, or gum with you so that your flirting skills are not ruined by your dinner being on your breath.
5. Look feminine. Part of being a great flirt is looking the part. Girls who are good at flirting dress femininely and wear their hair nice, and have their make-up done. So, if you want to be skilled in the art of flirting, you have to dress the part. This does not mean skin tight clothes, low cut shirts, or high skirts or shorts. However, it does mean some well fitted clothes that highlight your figure, but leave something to the imagination. If you look good, you will feel good, and you will be a better flirt.
6. A good flirt is carefree. You can’t get too serious too fast, this is not good flirting, so keep things light, smile, laugh, and show your fun side. This will make you attractive, and guys will want you to flirt with them. Flirting is supposed to be fun, so make it fun. You can talk about more serious subjects, but take the lighter road, and you will enjoy yourself more, and your skills of flirting will be better.
If you want to hone up your flirtation skills, try these suggestions:
1. I had this teacher that I really didn’t like because he always picked on me in front of everyone. So one day I came to school early, went in his room, and put chalk in all of his erasers so that he couldn’t erase anything off the blackboard. He never found out it was me!
2. I was mad at my brother so one night when he had a bunch of friends over I planned my revenge. After he fell asleep on the couch, I put his hand in hot water and waited. It worked! Because of the warm water on his hand, my brother wet his pants in front of all his friends.
3. One day I was sick of my brother always making a mess in my bathroom instead of his, so I decided to play a trick on him. Before he got up that morning, I put plastic wrap over the toilet. When he stumbled into my bathroom to pee, he didn’t notice that the toilet was covered and ended up making a mess all over himself and the floor. After my mom made him clean it up, he never used my bathroom again!
4. My best friend and I were having a slumber party and decided to prank call some guys in our class. When they answered we acted like we didn’t speak English and had the wrong number for our local pizza place. They were really confused and we laughed for hours.
5. Some friends and I were out one night when someone suggested that we have a “pasta bowl” meaning that we take a pile of cooked spaghetti and throw it at on coming cars. After we’d been doing it for a while, we hit a blue mini van that my best friend though looked really familiar. It turns out that it was her mom that we hit with spaghetti! She made us clean the car the next day, but never said anything else about it.
6. A new kid moved into our neighborhood and so to welcome him in, we toilet papered his drive way and wrote “welcome to the hood” with paper and chocolate syrup. The next day we came over to help him clean it up and we’ve been friends ever since.
7. My brother has always been obsessed with cool ring tones on his cell phone- songs, sounds, whatever. So one day I stole his phone and changed his ring tones to really embarrassing ones- chickens crowing, pigs snorting, and an opera singer. When his phone went off in front of his friends and sounded like a pig snorting, he was really mad.
8. My school and the neighboring school have a really strong rivalry. So for spirit week my friends and I decided to steal the other school’s mascot. We got it late one night and put it on the roof of our school. We left a roll of toilet paper hanging where their mascot had been. The other school was humiliated and we had a great spirit week!
9. Most of my girlfriends and I are all on the school soccer team and we decided to play a prank on the boy’s soccer team. So one day after practice while they were all showering, we snuck into the boys locker room and stole their clothes. We put their clothes in the girls locker room. So after they came in from practice and showered, they discovered that they didn’t have anything to put on. We could hear them yelling from way down the hall.
10. My sister has been in love with this guy forever, but never has the guts to talk to him. So one day I got online on her im account and pretended to be her. I imed the guy she liked and we chatted for hours. Finally, he asked her out for the next weekend. Imagine her surprise when he showed up at our house to pick her up! But they went out and had a great time anyway.
Having fun this summer is not an impossible thing to do, even if you have a job that may take up a lot of your time. If you use your free time wisely, having fun this summer won’t be any more difficult from the summers you have had in the past. After all, there are twenty-four hours in one day, so even if you work, there should be plenty of time available in one day to make time to have some fun.
Even if you have a job, having fun this summer won’t be too difficult if you make the most out of your days off. Since you would normally know your scheduled days off from work, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to schedule something fun for you and your friends to do on those days. This will not only give them something to look forward to, but it will give you something to be excited about as well. You could plan for a barbeque at your house, a night at the drive-in, a day shopping at the mall, an overnight camping trip, or whatever might sound fun for you and your friends.
In fact, if you have a job, it may actually make it so that having fun this summer is easier than ever before. The biggest reason is because you will have your own money. This means you will be able to do a lot of activities you may not have been able to do in the previous summers. You will have plenty of your own money to do fun summer activities like going to concerts, movies, shopping, dance clubs or anything else you and your friends enjoy doing.
What is even better is that you won’t have to hope your friends will have money too. You may actually treat a friend or two once in a while to a bite to eat, or some ice cream cones to help keep you cool in the hot sun. So even if you have a job, it will actually help expand the number of things you can do during the summer to have some fun in the sun. You won’t have to wait until the next time your parents give you money, or the next time your friends have money. Your job will help you to enjoy the summer activities that might normally be too costly.
Another great way to having fun this summer, even if you do have a job, is to try to make some new friends with some of the people that you work with. Think about it! Some of your coworkers will be working the same hours as you do during their summer as well. Why not try to become better acquainted with some of those people? You may end up hanging out with them after work (once you get to know them enough to trust them of course). And, it will be much easier to make plans around your work schedule with some of these new friends because they will have the same work schedule as you do. Who knows, you might meet someone who will make having fun this summer a lot easier than you thought, without letting your job get in the way.
Most importantly, do your best to always stay in touch with your friends during the summer to make sure you are clued in on what is going on when you are at work. This will help you find out if anyone is doing anything that you might be able to make it to when you aren’t working.
This goes back to what was mentioned earlier about making the best out of your spare time. Use it wisely by keeping in touch, and finding out what everyone is doing. This way, you can try to make it if your work schedule allows you to do so. And, it will help your friends to remember that you are working so they may keep that in mind when they try to make plans.
Having fun this summer will not be hard to accomplish even if you do have a job. Just do your best to stay in the social scene, whether it is with your current friends, or with some new friends. Remember, summer is almost here. So focus on getting out often, and have some fun.
Many people wonder if they can have fun dating if they have high moral standards. It seems like everyone drinks, smokes, and has sex these days. So, how can you go out, date, and enjoy yourself if you have moral standards?
The following are some ideas for how you can date, have fun, and have moral standards at the same time:
Date people with the same standards: it is hard to go out on a date and have fun if your date is expecting something you aren’t willing to do or give. This will mean that the entire night you will feel awkward or guilty, and at the end of the night he will feel lead on, disappointed, and unhappy with you. So, one of the best ways to have fun while dating, and still maintain your moral standards is to date people that have the same standards you do. This could be people within your religious affiliation, or it could be people you meet and talk to. Whomever it is, make sure you are on the same page as far as expectations and standards go, and that neither one of you will leave the date feeling awkward or uncomfortable because boundaries were crossed.
Stay out of situations that lead to immorality: It is possible to date, have fun, and still have moral standards even if you date people without the same standard as you. You just have to take a lot of extra precautions. You have to limit your activities to things you do as a group. You will want to stay where nothing can happen, and you will want to inform them of your standards upfront so that they do not have expectations you can’t or won’t meet. So, when dating someone with different standards from your own, go to BBQ’s, carnivals, bowling, play sports together, or get together with a large group. Do not go to movies, stay in and watch a movie, hit the beach, go hiking alone, or anything that might put you alone and in a regrettable situation.
Rules of thumb for dating and maintaining moral standards:
- Don’t go alone. Group dating is the best way to keep things PG
- Inform them. Just tell the guy that you only kiss, nothing else, or whatever your moral standard is. Then he knows and is less likely to try anything.
- Avoid guys with reputations. You won’t be different than the other girls this guy has nailed. So, don’t think you will be, and you will have a much easier time keeping your moral standards.
Ideas for dates that are conducive to maintaining morality:
- Bowling at a local alley
- Miniature golf
- Swim at a recreation center
- Hit the beach with a group, and in the light
- BBQ at someone’s house, with lots of people.
- Hike with friends and have a picnic
- Tennis, volleyball, basketball, and other sports.
While not everyone at your school, in your group, or in your city has moral standards, you will be surprised to find out how many of them do. So, don’t just go with the popular crowd, or do something because you think it is expected. Hang out with the type of people who don’t expect you to do things you are uncomfortable with. You will feel better about yourself, and have a better time dating if you maintain your moral standards.
Great food: A party is not a party without some good chow. So, whether you order pizzas, get chips, burgers, or whatever, make sure you have plenty of food to enhance the comfort, enjoyment, and fun of your party. Chips, pretzels, candy, little hot dogs in BBQ sauce, veggie tray, dessert tray, subs, it really does not matter, no one will think twice about it, but if you do not have food, then people will notice.
Great music: What’s a party without music? Pick the tunes that are hot and popular. It’s a good idea to have an i-tunes window open on your computer so you can download tunes that guests suggest. If you don’t have the money for i-tunes and don’t have a lot of your own tunes, ask your guests to bring their own. You could also play a radio station that has whatever’s hot, and call in with requests, or get a local band to come set up and play. Just be sure that if you do this you make sure they do not invite their friends, unless you know them. This could cause problems. Music helps to set the mood, and make the environment festive and fun. So, whether it is a girl’s night out party, or a guy’s night in party, music is a must.
Activity: People want to come to a party to do something. If you do not have drugs and alcohol, there needs to be something else to fill the time. So, have games like poker, or other card games, make sure people are comfortable dancing, and have an area set up for that, make sure there are plenty of comfortable locations for just talking and sitting around hanging out, if you have a pool, incorporate it into the theme of the party, just be sure everyone can swim, or that it is monitored, have a movie, or a television series, play night games, truth or dare, suck and blow (the card passing game), etc. You know your friends, so plan activities they will enjoy and that will keep them interested and having fun.
Good people: To have a fun party you want to ensure that the people invited know each other, or at least someone, and that they all get along. You would not want to invite too many different groups, or clicks, and you may want to limit the number of people you invite. You aren’t having a beer bash, so people will need something to talk about. This means you want to invite people with something in common, and people that will get along. If you invite the football team and the chess club, you may run into some problems.
Last but not least, to make your party fun without drugs and alcohol, you have to be a good hostess. Make sure no one is feeling left out, or is unhappy. Make sure there is plenty for everyone to do, and that the food does not run out. Make sure people know where to find the bathroom, phone, etc. It can be loud and crazy but still be fun. If you have pool tables, ping pong, etc. it adds to the fun, but if you don’t, you can still throw a great alcohol and drug free party.