Many people wonder if they can have fun dating if they have high moral standards. It seems like everyone drinks, smokes, and has sex these days. So, how can you go out, date, and enjoy yourself if you have moral standards?
The following are some ideas for how you can date, have fun, and have moral standards at the same time:
Date people with the same standards: it is hard to go out on a date and have fun if your date is expecting something you aren’t willing to do or give. This will mean that the entire night you will feel awkward or guilty, and at the end of the night he will feel lead on, disappointed, and unhappy with you. So, one of the best ways to have fun while dating, and still maintain your moral standards is to date people that have the same standards you do. This could be people within your religious affiliation, or it could be people you meet and talk to. Whomever it is, make sure you are on the same page as far as expectations and standards go, and that neither one of you will leave the date feeling awkward or uncomfortable because boundaries were crossed.
Stay out of situations that lead to immorality: It is possible to date, have fun, and still have moral standards even if you date people without the same standard as you. You just have to take a lot of extra precautions. You have to limit your activities to things you do as a group. You will want to stay where nothing can happen, and you will want to inform them of your standards upfront so that they do not have expectations you can’t or won’t meet. So, when dating someone with different standards from your own, go to BBQ’s, carnivals, bowling, play sports together, or get together with a large group. Do not go to movies, stay in and watch a movie, hit the beach, go hiking alone, or anything that might put you alone and in a regrettable situation.
Rules of thumb for dating and maintaining moral standards:
- Don’t go alone. Group dating is the best way to keep things PG
- Inform them. Just tell the guy that you only kiss, nothing else, or whatever your moral standard is. Then he knows and is less likely to try anything.
- Avoid guys with reputations. You won’t be different than the other girls this guy has nailed. So, don’t think you will be, and you will have a much easier time keeping your moral standards.
Ideas for dates that are conducive to maintaining morality:
- Bowling at a local alley
- Miniature golf
- Swim at a recreation center
- Hit the beach with a group, and in the light
- BBQ at someone’s house, with lots of people.
- Hike with friends and have a picnic
- Tennis, volleyball, basketball, and other sports.
While not everyone at your school, in your group, or in your city has moral standards, you will be surprised to find out how many of them do. So, don’t just go with the popular crowd, or do something because you think it is expected. Hang out with the type of people who don’t expect you to do things you are uncomfortable with. You will feel better about yourself, and have a better time dating if you maintain your moral standards.